Monday, June 3, 2024

and/both

 

At least it's Milkshake Monday 

After coating myself in P. incanum oils 

Earthy and redolent 

We walked the dog through the woods and played with her in the creek 


I make the points and then I stop

The deer have eaten my Fragaria

I can see now that you were unavailable 



Back on the bike again 

Only eleven easy miles, drizzly and wonderful 

Soon enough we'll be looping the big ascent 


I have developed some parasocial relationships 

Feels good to know more of what I'm doing 


I no longer feel unmoored 

I do feel, perhaps, a little rudderless 

Still, she is planting 

It takes years to know what's really taken root 


The goslings are getting so big 


Am I supposed to apologize for being cheesy? I mean it 

Remember when I lived in Queens? I ran through Astoria Park several times a week  

The students and I stroll slowly through the rainy gardens, sit describing a bromeliad in the internationally renowned conservatory 


I wish the mountains didn't feel so far away 


Tomorrow I will tend the native garden as children play around me 

Last Friday I waded knee-deep into creek water and splashed about with my dogs 

The wolf pads silently through the forest 

On Sunday I'll learn about birdsong



No comments:

Post a Comment