Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Do you want to buy a house in Colorado




Do you want to buy a house in Colorado I am looking for someone to split the mortgage, cooking, maybe some sex or cuddling on top of the unmade bed if we get lonely. It doesn't need to be anything fancy; a cabin will do--a log one, preferably--most especially if it has a wooden porch with a rickety rocking chair and is surrounded by trees.


I am not supposed to run as much as I ran tonight I couldn't help myself. Four miles and yes it hurt a bit but here is the thing if I hadn't run that far I would not have been able to listen to the song that made me cry twice back to back; listen to nearly the entirety of that old favorite album of mine; stare up at the giant snow-capped peaks bobbing along to my steps; stop by my favorite creek spot and let the sound of moving water rush over me; turn around from the creekbed to see the sunset clouds like a glass of spilled orange juice seeping across the sky.



What happens when you change your behavior, she says, is that you change the dance. And that means everything has to change.


Well I have changed my behavior and everything is changing. I had not penciled in on my calendar that everything would change on the late afternoon and early evening of Wednesday, November 1, and consequently I am not sure I have time for this.

I am certainly not prepared from an emotional standpoint. 

That isn't necessarily true. Secretly I think I have been preparing for a good long while.





Sign the petition sign the petition sign the petition sign THIS petition sign and sign and sign and petition and petition and petition

How much energy could be saved if assholes didn't run the world. If we all agreed that taking care of each other and the Earth is worthwhile.

That we cannot agree on this makes me want to abdicate my title as a member of the human race. Better to be a wolf, or a bumblebee, or a great blue heron rising up out of the water.

Of course, tell that to the hare, the stung child, and the silver fishes.



For more than six years now the pain has been hitching a ride like a baby kangaroo in its hidden pouch. For more than six years now I have carried it quietly with me wherever I go. I am ready to put it down, now, the only thing holding me back being what kind of mother leaves her child in a ditch on the side of the road.

Then again I never asked to be a mother. Having a uterus doesn't make me one. I will be, maybe, if and when I'm good and ready, and even then it will have more to do with taking in a child somebody else couldn't or wouldn't love than it will to do with my uterus. She's been through enough.

The point, of course, is that I am hurting quite badly.



Do you want to buy a house in Colorado? I am wishing to buy a house in Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment