Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Crash



Because I crashed for the first time on downhill skis I now know that I can crash while downhill skiing and that the act of crashing, inherently, does not spell disaster. What's more, I can now be certain that the woman who serviced my skis did so according to my DIN specifications, meaning that my skis will eject me from their grasp in the event that I crash and an ejection proves necessary. This is why I ejected from my left ski when I crashed, but not my right: Because my right leg remained perpendicularly oriented toward my ski at the time of the crash, while my left leg smashed into the snowy bank at an odd angle and thus required ejection from its ski in order to avoid twisting my leg into ghastly proportions. Because my left ski did eject me, this gives me comfort that my skis are likely to function properly and helpfully in the event of future crashes. While I still hope to avoid crashing whenever possible, the experience of having crashed leads me to believe that I am likely to be okay in the rare event that I crash again in the future. This has proven a great comfort to me, as prior to crashing for the first time on downhill skis I had been greatly resistant to the possibility of a crash.






No comments:

Post a Comment