Thursday, March 11, 2021

Whiskey fruit

 


I didn't do it on purpose, but I knew I was doing it. 

I tried to get him to like me. 

Pursed octogenarian lips thick fumbling fingers

My youth sits alone in the waiting room 

Maybe you should get up and make it yourself 

I ask for another favor

They're eager to drain us of blood 


I wish I wasn't so good at embodying what I'm not 


We didn't get invited to the wedding


Why are you together if you don't believe in it 


I never thought I would. 





II. 


Why? Because when I run the blossoms are chin height

I breathe hard, inhaling them 



Now I'll walk those same streets with my dog 



Honestly I'm not ranked or free

I've never been able to skate 


Prepare to eat your shorts for lunch 




Can you fucking believe that I learned how to ski 



No comments:

Post a Comment