Friday, January 20, 2023

Sun City

 

Are you in the mood for something reckless? 

Let's drive to Cincinnati

Let's stand beneath the silver arch 

Let's gaze upon the waterfall and climb atop the mounds 



You've had your secrets. I've had mine. 

Dump the bag out 



I have to go through this my own way 


Little girl dogs, the backs of percherons 

We walked in the woods outside Louisville for forty-five minutes 

It was warm out. I felt so much pain. 


A noisy food hall 

Sleeping in ravens' nests

$21 for watery eggs 

Vegan dinner in the Hampton Inn 

Eating BBQ on a white, king-size bed 


They switched up our rooms 

I spilled all my coffee 

My pants stayed damp, and the seat beneath me 


Eleven hours to go 

Riding the waves 

It's four o'clock in Nashville 

You are never to* lost to be saved





*[sic] 




No comments:

Post a Comment