Monday, February 12, 2024

All my feelings are pathologies

 

Without limerence, what's left 

It's been a long day and I need to retreat 

sitting on the big blue chair in the back room upstairs 

silken pajama pants and a loose, long-sleeved shirt 


I'm sick again 

a condition of cognitive obsession

I'm only just starting to come to grips with what it means 

Is all angst merely chemistry? 


Compulsion, obsession, and lack of control 

I feel more clear-headed than I, perhaps, ever have 

This is sad; this was a mistake; that wasn't okay; this is hard; this is perverse; I was struggling so much more than I knew



The thing about masking is it also obscures you from yourself

mirrors offer only a distorted reflection  

Now I see suffering. And also wisdom 



So much of what was presented to me as spirituality was poison 

I was susceptible because I was sick 

All my distortions were subliminal  

What I'm trying to say is 

This may be caused by low levels of serotonin in the brain 



No comments:

Post a Comment