Friday, March 4, 2016

Winelove




calamitous felines counsel nefarious matchsticks
in the darkness of night the police notices are far less visible
the couch smells not like me but like my friends
the cat sleeps on the comforter in the closet


Fuck. there I said it. suddenly I remember climbing to the top of the castle in that New York City park

I made a giant vat of chili and we ate some of it.

The rest I've ladled into jars.
I will put them in the fridge and we will eat the leftovers over the course of the next few days.


Thank goodness for my poems.

I might have forgotten that I love you.



I did not pour myself vodka at 10 o'clock this morning, even though I wanted to, and on days like today I will consider this a victory.

Don't assume that you know what I'm talking about. 


How lucky I am, how amazing it is, to be friends with people who also remember my first grade.

I will tell you a secret I have seen a lot of frogs at the base of the first hill near the lesser-known trail head for Trout Run. They leap into the water and hide under the tree roots as I pass.

I will tell you another secret I have been in love with you for so long.

I will tell you another secret I care very much for his feelings.

The wounds in the corners of my mouth are healing more and more every day.



On the mornings that I remember to write in my journal I also try to remember to write
I am living the life of my dreams
.



We've lived a lot of places.

Let's keep the adventure going.





No comments:

Post a Comment