Saturday, September 15, 2018

Me-ow-ahh



I made the typo because I was slightly drunk when I wrote it. The waitress kept refilling my tequila and I kept drinking it.


Here is the thing: There is nothing I can say to convey the beauty of the instrumental melodies on this Allman Brothers album, even though I am and forever will be a proponent of words.
Ed. note: Same goes for describing Sung Tongs.



Today I drove 45 minutes through the huge slabs of the gray rock canyon and watched the colors change as I descended elevation. I parked on a residential street in a part of town I'd never been to before, and then I walked to the used book store. Two hours later I emerged with five books of poetry, an Emmylou Harris record, a Bonnie Raitt record, and four Merle Haggard records at $3 apiece.

Then it was on to the rock store, where I picked out rocks as they called to me, without knowing anything about them, filling a little wire basket that was handed to me by the kindly rock shop employee in the wizardly vest. I chose tangerine quartz, blue soda stone, several rocks whose names I no longer remember (one is purple; one green; one blue-gray-green; one black), and three lodolites, I was so taken with them, each one containing a small world.

After stopping in at the pet store to pick up the only food brand Wilson will eat, some cat grass, and two new stuffed animals for Hanna, and then buying some new sports bras at Target, and then picking up bags of cinnamon, almonds, bee pollen, leeks, squash, and kale at the natural food store, I drive back through the gray slabs towering above me and return to the apartment, where I spend several hours organizing the shelving unit in the study and dismantling cardboard boxes to take to the recycling center after tomorrow's big hike, then cook dinner--rice, roasted veggies, sauteed kale and garlic and garbanzo beans, boiled corn--and then I sit down at the computer and google lodolite:

Lodolite is usuallly used in meditation, and its powerful but soothing energies can instantly put you in a deep meditative state. 

It will bring energies of manifestation in your life so that you will be able to fulfill your heart's desires. 

Lodolite will enhance your communication with beings from other higher realms and increase your spiritual energies. 

Lodolite will bring loving energies into your life. 

It will infuse you with a quiet and gentle strength that will help you overcome personal challenges. 

It's also an excellent healing stone that will give healing to your subtle and etheric bodies. 

I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment