Saturday, October 5, 2019

"The last time we met you said YOLO to me"



Sick but still a 20-mile bike ride, worth it

Lying on my back on the couch hair wet from showering

Waiting for the comforter to finish drying so I can put it on the bed, too cold now to sleep without it



I thought of a really cool line earlier

Last week I saw three hawks fighting in the air in front of a cliff

Today during my bike ride I saw two hawks, but this time they were resting on branches in miles-apart trees



Now that someone has told me I'm good of course I'm worried about being a quack

People condescend to my chosen letters and so I don't tell many people

It's not that I care what they think, it's just that I'd rather not deal with it



Amazing to realize that I am needing less external validation. In the past even one person disliking me would be agonizing. Now in many cases I truly do not care

For some reason I am remembering walking and biking through that playground park on the sleepy west (west?) side of that middle-of-the-state town, leaves aflame with Fall



In just a few weeks I have written nearly 30 pages. What will I accomplish when I'm doing this regularly for two whole years? A lot of pages. A lot of writing. A lot of processing. A lot of understanding. A lot of healing. A lot of focusing. A lot of liberation.


That woman had been waiting her whole life for a chance to walk the runway, and even though it was a surprise and she hadn't been practicing she was beyond ready to deliver



You just step up to the plate and play ball




No comments:

Post a Comment