Saturday, February 29, 2020

Please sign the Doom Bird



I should have gotten the Doom Bird II.


How quickly things fluctuate. Exactly 15 days ago I watched him manipulate me and cried. Today we're better than ever.

It's because of a lot of things, including his commitment to me, his commitment to being healthier, my commitment to seeing and calling out things that aren't healthy, and my commitment to being nice to myself in some ways for the first time ever

So yesterday when something inside of me said I can't, I said, Okay. Let's go eat a nice lunch and sit on the couch. And earlier today when he was tired and overwhelmed and spewing grumpiness, I said, Your grumpiness is starting to wear on me please get a grip thank you I love you, and he said Sorry, and stopped spewing. And even earlier, when we were lying in bed and I was feeling so peaceful, and he started to perseverate about coronavirus, which is a fine thing to do but which would, in the past, have sent me into an anxious tizzy of empathy, I put my hand on my heart and repeated silently, You stay right here

We looked at a house and the realtor wanted us, I think, and we wanted the house, but not for more than half a million dollars, and that's what houses cost out here. (Out here, as if my frame of reference is still somewhere far away.) So it was a mixed bag of emotions--feeling excited and actually seeing it and wanting it and then using a mortgage calculator (and then another one, in case the first one got it wrong) and realizing that for now most likely probably we can't have it, though I'm going to meet with Grant asap to see if there's anything we can do


Something I have been really tuned into is just how much people lean into alcohol and assume that everyone loves alcohol and should be drinking it in as many contexts as possible. It's off-putting and lame


Granted, I was prepping for pandemic


When he dated that girl at Barnard he'd visit her and go to the Upper West Side and eat tacos oozing queso Oaxaco

I have never had Oaxacan string cheese, but I like to imagine him eating it



Thanks Simon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment