Sunday, December 3, 2023

I'm glad to be tall

 


Of course I'm grateful 

Changing out the laundry in my basement 

Releasing the dogs through the front door into the fenced yard 

No landlord looming over my consciousness 

How lucky am I 


It's been long enough now that I need to remind myself where we came from 


Still, some things are similar 


The day started with coffee and the Grateful Dead and reading on the beige chair in natural light 

Magic

A 20-mile bike race through Central Park 

More reading on the gray couch 

A drizzly walk with the dogs at a big green park 

A wander around a new grocery store 

Takeout barbecue from my friends' parents' restaurant 

Doing laundry in the room down the stairs  


Sundays are better when they aren't a litany of chores 


I felt so much better until I looked back 




X out of the tabs, June 

You simply can't read it all 



When we talk about adventuring, I feel so excited 




No comments:

Post a Comment