Wednesday, February 10, 2016

compilations



The subject lines come pouring in. Project Update #26. Meeting reminder -- this Sunday 4-6 pm. Your blog or Medium? New assignment. Session #8. Top 5 double-decker bus conversions. Poem of the day. Everything that is made beautiful and fair. Is Adele sticking up for chickens?


I care about a lot of things in life, including the wellbeing of chickens. But I cannot fathom caring less about whether or not Adele is sticking up for them.



It occurs to me that nobody writes about suburbia with any kind of romance. It's all urban undergrounds or cabins out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps filled with violent secrets. Well I spent the first eighteen years of my life in suburbia and it was probably way more influential than the year I spent riding the subways of New York, even though that's where all the cool kids go to write meaningful things. I sure do like cabins, though.



Tell me again why I need to have "the whitest teeth."
Oh really, you've found another body part of which I should feel ashamed?
Thank goodness you're here!




I play the word game on my friend's smartphone.
I avoid words liked "glued" and "stuck."
We're fighting again, and it's my fault, I'm sick of this.

I am so fucking thirsty.



This would make a great opening for a short story:
"For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burned at the stake."



 
Have you ever attempted to assemble a puzzle with a cat in the room? It will not end well for anyone, including the puzzle pieces.



I think we need a signal of some kind. Here, you go by Mac and I'll be Honeybee. Say the code words and we'll meet by the bridge. Bring some water and gluten-free sandwiches. I have fresh air in my tires. Please don't give up on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment