Saturday, February 13, 2016

What do small teeth signify?



I have been mildly obsessed with my teeth since February of last year, when that dickhole of a dentist shamed me for having imperfect teeth. I didn't realize that not wearing my retainer for seven years would make such an impact. My two front teeth were crooked before I had braces and they are crooked again now, although not so crooked as they were before I had braces. I've had a hard time coping with the realization that my teeth are crooked all over again, even after living through the hell that is wearing braces for two years of high school, ever since I visited that dickhole of a dentist, because I am particularly susceptible to shame. I have been trying to comfort myself by thinking that perhaps it is actually quite poetic that my teeth are finding their way home. I am trying to think that perhaps there is a life lesson in this about accepting yourself for who you are the first (or, in the case of my crooked teeth, the second) time around. I am thinking that maybe my crooked front teeth are part of me and therefore part of my charm.

Some days I really believe these thoughts; other days I have had some trouble believing them. In any case, I found this comforting:

  • I. Crooked Teeth (especially bottom teeth): You see both sides of every issue. While you might be good at debate, you hate to be wrong, so you will often double check your facts before proceeding. Your challenge is that you hold yourself to impossibly high standards, weighing every decision. (I know a family who’s four kids are all involved in Speech and Debate… and their bottom teeth are very crooked)


-from Spiritual Seeker, Face Reading (Physiognomy): Smiles and Teeth


No comments:

Post a Comment