Saturday, August 31, 2019

79% 88% 91% 100




After we wake in the middle of the night to care for Hanna and then wake a few hours later to hike to that remote alpine lake amidst piles of red stones, we drive home down the long dirt rode through the migrating cattle and stop at the Hawaiian place to pick up some takeout

For lunch I eat raw tuna, thinly sliced cabbage, pickled onions, white rice and hot sauce

I wash it down with a bite of almond butter and some low-sugar orange juice


Raw tuna? Who is this woman! 


But then I remember that tuna salad was one of my favorite foods throughout my entire childhood

No salmon for me, thanks


Nevertheless, these days I eat tuna maybe 2 or 3 times per year because people are eating too many of them

I do not suffer for it



The spicy ginger from Vietnam is so good, though at a certain point it hurts my teeth

I am sad that I may not be able to visit my brother in January


I am so excited that I will be going back to school in December



Shall I start writing haikus again?



The lake is so deep
and so eloquent, bugs script
across the water




No comments:

Post a Comment