Saturday, August 31, 2019

think of class 3 as all the stuff you can do



I want you to be in


At the exact right moment I channel the force





I've figured it out--what makes animals so beautiful. They are both animal and spirit, wholly





Sucking a grape popsicle remembering how good it was to be a kid in the summer





Earlier I really felt it--how privileged my life is. A reminder to seize every bit of my freedom, and still not forget the people and other creatures in cages



I will be teaching creative writing at the local jail



The wheel spun and because I am writing I flinched--then remembered I'm not with that guy any more and grew thankful



Crinkling cellophane and the gentle sound of 27,000 people talking


We lay down the yoga mat and all four of us converge



How big is Dick's stadium


What's that on the table? 



I am starting to understand what it's like to feel human. I feel like a rose dropping her stiff outer petals, revealing the soft ones beneath



I ask for my chocolate and he is so nice about it

That yogurt with the honey on it



An imperfect life, wholly

The motorcycle has ridden away into the sunset

In my memory I sit on the dock of the inner harbor living up to its name as I sheltered in that familiar place, paused for a moment between the shoulders of my two new women friends, perhaps the first I'd ever had, in between two worlds I did not know but between which I was traveling


I'm sorry John I owe you a phone call or at least a text



I just let myself be the sidekick to everybody's life. In retrospect it's so sad

I didn't know that I was allowed to live my own




I remind him to be nice and he does it


I remember when I wore black tights and combat boots everywhere and I went out dancing three or four times a week

I remember when I

I remember



I remember






Four ordinary men quietly became one of the most successful musical collaborations in the history of our country, and if that balding head isn't enough to teach you something about the power of passion and joy then you've gotta zoom the fuck out




Everything's right so just hold tight 








No comments:

Post a Comment