Wednesday, April 16, 2014

daytime




cat head-butts me awake sliding his face underneath my hands (here human, like this) crawling over my stomach (purring) love me, love me. brush my teeth eat breakfast in the kitchen then listen to music he climbs into my arms i sway side to side while he pushes his head to my chin and purrs. every morning who knew a cat could so love to dance.


in my dreams brown delicate bats slip through a wet-dark tunnel in the maple tree and my mother asks me for gardening advice. something else happened but i do not remember.

dear alyssum bought from the smiling duck-raising woman at market and planted in sunshine two weeks ago i know it is cold now please don't quit on me. "For the world is not painted or adorned, but is from the beginning beautiful; and God has not made some beautiful things, but Beauty is the creator of the universe."*



my stomach has been hurting again i have not been hungry but i eat anyway, deliberately, because it is important, listening to music standing cold in the kitchen.

on the chair cat chases his confounded tail puffed up hissing claws bared faster one day-- you watch-- he's going to catch it.




*thanks, Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment