Monday, August 9, 2021

Pret-a-Powder

 

Salutations! 

 

I didn't know that kind of product existed. 



Pink jackrabbits hop toward purple-green explosions. 

 

Get rid of articles it will sound better. Get rid of adverbs it will read better. Get rid of superlatives it will sound truer. Get rid of it.



I am making a home for myself and I will not be deterred. I've never had one before. There are wild flowers on the wall and I sing Wildflowers in the shower and I carry flowers inside by the armful and plop them into big wide open-mouthed vases.


I stay in the shower even after I've rinsed the conditioner from my hair and I sing and I sing and I sing.

 I play the keyboard in Strings. I'm reading a book again.  



Permalink published on location options 

My location has changed. 


Never thought I'd leave the mountains, my home. Only for this verdancy, this bounty, also my home. Born from it. Like native ferns unfurling out of this earth. The trees cradle us in their shadow. 


I sit on the calls it's not me. I say the words it's not me. I tell myself duty, duty, duty. Who says?

I am tired of living within so many rules. That's not who I am, or was, or was meant to be. 


I had many friends there, yes. Here, I have so many people who would take me into their homes. Grateful for it.


big fireball of gratitude and yearning 


My desire pours over.

Please. I'm so  



No comments:

Post a Comment