Monday, August 16, 2021

There are freaking rules in the mansion

 

 

I sit in the driveway, feet kicked up on a tempered glass table, a hard seltzer on it, reading 

He walruses seltzer bottles, giggling 

I whiff it 

 

I don't turn on my video 

I will not be volunteered.

 

Hanna is laser focused. There are treats afoot 

He sets up the shot and she nails it, jaw snapping


Should we go get boba? 

Right now? 

Yeah. 

No. 

 

The rug looks so cosmic. 


I am a woman in need of a chimney sweep 

We should respond to that, I guess 

I haven't played yet today 



Should I buy the runner rug or should I not buy the runner rug 

deliberating as if it matters 

There are people falling from planes in Afghanistan.


Are human hearts meant to be broken every day



Biking across the bridge smiling and the Amish man glared at me, my skintight shorts exposing every bone every taut bit of flesh in my knees. I don't know what he was thinking. I only know that he didn't smile back. I only know that he looked at my knees and his brow furrowed. Maybe he had a bad experience with a knee in the past. 

 

The bottle cap in want of a bottle. Or glad to be free of it

The little metal speaker invites expansion and contraction 

The spiky green cactus is burgeoning 

It wasn't great, but it was good 

 


She thought she'd found love and had to call the cops

When will we stop destroying each other


 

No comments:

Post a Comment