Tuesday, August 10, 2021

This church is prayer-conditioned

 

Exclamation point. 

 

Money Penny grows green, green, taller

 

Wilson eyes down the vent. 

The little teal lamp deserves a place to shine.

 

Bowls pile up on the desk next to mugs piling up on the desk

Yeah, yeah. I'll wash them. 

 

My fingers have flown through the beginner books and I need to go to the store for intermediate. Need to hang the bird boxes. Need to hang the bee box. Need to convert grass to native beds. Need to find the leak in the pond and fix it. Need to adopt more fish and frogs for the pond. Need to make sure the new fish and frogs don't harm the existing fish, such survivors. Need to grout the corner of the shower. Or is it caulk. Need to caulk something else. Or is it grout. Need to fix the leak under the sink. Need to re-grade the small strip of back yard that lets water stand by the foundation. Need to fix the laundry duct. Need to further extend the gutter extenders. Need to organize the garage. Need to mop the bathroom floor. Need to sign the PDF and let the tree guy know he can cut down the Sassafras, I don't want him to, she's sick. Need to stop Hanna from eating Wilson's poop. Need to figure out why the swamp milkweed isn't thriving. Need to plant more echinacea beside the existing echinacea. Need to assemble the compost bin and designate a composting system. Need to dig lines for the tiered beds and add a drainage pipe. Need to remove the forsythia; replace with natives. Need to tame the forsythia in the meantime. Need to dig up and remove all bush honeysuckle from the property, that nasty invasive taking over, ruthlessly. Need to weed the front bed. Need to water the air plants, a couple weeks overdue for their weekly soak. Need to remove the shrinking white flower buds from the yellow pitcher. Need to fold the clean laundry, sitting in the clean laundry basket. Need to carry the laundry hamper back upstairs from the basement and place it in the bedroom closet instead of tossing dirty laundry on the floor. Need to charge my phone. Need to start Hanna's new medication. Need to diagnose the succulent rot. Need to get my singing voice back into shape. Need to edit that novel. Need to write more poetry again. Need to paint the edges of my painting so it hangs prettier. Maybe teal. Maybe orange? 


Need and also get.

 

First, I will express my sadness and hurt. I will command my freedom. 

Then I will play the keyboard. I will take another bite out of those fresh rolls. I will think about you and wonder if you're thinking about me. I will take off all my clothes and wash the sweat from my body, long run in 93-degree heat

 



No comments:

Post a Comment