Thursday, September 2, 2021

The little roof that could

 

In this house we drink seltzers

eat freeze-dried, wild-caught boar

and freeze-dried, wild-caught salmon 

four round brown eyes watching my hands at the bags 

 

I cannot stop ing 

The teddy bear covers his eyes 

 

The cicadas are so loud 

Love it--living amidst the trees 

Two days ago Wilson caught one big-blue-green-winged in the front room 

I tried to cradle it in a magazine to carry it outside

It rattled and launched, not having it 

Wilson pounced

I popped out the window screen and picked Wilson up

The cicada found freedom 

I praised Wilson for his hunting

Wilson preened 

Then Hanna shoved her wide head under my palm

You're a good hunter too, I said

She looked relieved

 

All I can manage is one line at a time

My desire claws at my insides

 

I'm saying what I think 

In my dream I was about to have sex with Tyler 

Then my parents walked in on us 

They yelled at me to get in the car; they were taking me home 

Damnit brain. I was so angry

 

The fan is so loud

Were you thinking of me the whole time 

I miss you 

Do you want me


Probably I will vacuum the carpets on Saturday 

Certainly I will see loads of friends this weekend 

And two birthday parties 

And, of course, I'll be picking up my kayak 

Fuck I'm so excited to have my own kayak 




No comments:

Post a Comment