Monday, October 17, 2022

be nice rainbow on a faux leather string

 

I can't take any more in

Have you noticed? 


I can't do vodka shots any more 

All the worrying and the stress hormones 

All the motherfucking emails 

Rhizomatic notifications 

Meeting invites 


I call it off and go outside

Four out of twelve: 

dogwood, nannyberry, witch hazel, arrowwood 

Learning a new language 


So far on this land I have planted hundreds of native plants (and some parsley) 

Shoveled and wheelbarrowed nine truck scoops of wood chips alone 

Ripped cardboard til my arms shook, adhesives coating my hands 

Dozens of 

green-breathing plants 

in my home 


The bumblebees are coming 


Cute little friends 

The first I've had one 

Breathy 

Quiet 


Life is better at the lake 

Feels so good 

On my back on the red couch 

My breasts are okay.  


The green starry plant, once so leggy and straining, gets the sun it needs and relaxes into itself




Your body is processing so much 


If you come over I'll ask you which room is most like me 




No comments:

Post a Comment