Monday, October 31, 2022

Pulling up his sandwich socks

 


At long last I have opened the Coloradoan wine, to little fanfare 


I have decided I will hold off on making the decision until after November and then after January and maybe after March 

I close the tab and welcome the cat onto my chest 



Give me a bed frame that lasts for decades 

Tired of disposability 

The small woodland animals brandish a flail, a sword, an axe 

I am not a father  


Teaching him how to look 

He snacks on me like crackers and cheese 

The gap is part of the meaning 


Promising myself I'll remember 

I don't want an Instagram face 


Drying off with a hand towel 

Some things stay the same 


I can say that I'm surprised 

I don't know what lesson I'm supposed to be learning here 



No comments:

Post a Comment