Sunday, October 23, 2022

Creative Outlet



That ottoman's got me coming 

Brown vinyl looks so good with the golden pillow and the oatmeal chair 

I don't think we should get up before 8 


Eating dried mango on the gray couch with Hanna 

Later this morning we'll go to the farm 

Everything is a made up construct that doesn't actually mean anything  



Talking the truth is hard 

I don't feel complicated about whether it's good or bad or neutral

Everything is all of it 


Biking the perimeter of the golf course 

Trail running alone 

Talking in the dark 

Wanting that blue reading chair so badly 


I don't know if I'm allowed to have anything nice


For so long it wasn't a question

Living out of tents, mousey cabins, then the trunk of my car and a couch in a falling-down house

So many small spaces 


I bought a house 

Every penny I worked for it 

It's golden alright 


The work before me is learning what it takes to give myself permission to buy the blue chair

More than a year now of yearning

More than a decade of yearning

Have I always been yearning 


The horse raises its head on thick chocolate neck and whinnies 

I have to accept that life has changed me



No comments:

Post a Comment