Friday, October 21, 2022

I was younger once

 


Jeff Bezos invited Pete to go to outer space 

Do you regret me  

I have not been invited to take a photo in front of the Champions' Circle 



I have tried just about everything to get rid of this hip pain 

I have felled the Norway maple 

Planted the witch hazel 

Repotted the bird's nest fern

 

It's my first Prada show; it's her first Prada show 

Wilson is too cute for words 

Lunchtime run in the sunshine 

A long five months later I can move again 


Thank goodness 

wide sheep eye 

foraging is the new black 

we've been talking about this for years


Green straw stirring iced tea 

The gas light just came on 

I bought a green smoothie because there wasn't time to make lunch 

I got a frightening email and did jumping jacks for a while  

Can't stop clenching

Wegman's carded me despite the wide, white streaks in my hair 

 

 

The cucumbers are calling my name  

In the dark pressing backwards 

So good I cried

 

It made me fall in love with, like, passion

Tomorrow I will work in the yard, maybe go for a hike, return to the horse show 

Just because physical therapy didn't cure you this time doesn't mean it won't work for you in the future 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment