Sunday, October 23, 2022

just about sulfates-free

 


That is literally the smallest load of laundry I've ever done in my life 

At the laundromat in Maine. At the laundromat in Queens. At the laundromat in a small dusty town in the Rockies.


In order to remove part of the rambling rose I slashed my wrists to bleeding

Thorns in my fingers

We saw an elder bridge 


Bull in a glass shop 

Mirror ears 

Dried noodles in clear plastic canisters 

Goes as fast as it comes 


At the farm we strung tarps and assembled the metal pins

Two weeks ago we sheared hundreds of trees

In two weeks we will string the baler pad with lights 


Blood swelling under pinched skin

Put off by in crowds

Drive home and feast on arepas, fried plantain, Brussel sprouts, yucca  


Still can't get over that ottoman 

It's a cool thing that you get to do here 

I eye the chocolate for gluten 


Colorado, it was ego-pride. As if mere location made me better

Pennsylvania, it's fierce-pride. As if I've been told not to love myself and I do 


You can't catch a lightning bug's light 

Tires nearly bald 

Helpful stranger in the Rutter's parking lot 


Two dogs rolling and pissing and digging and running 

Hanna is learning to set boundaries 

Big for her britches, then the middle 


I got big for my britches

Thigh muscles swelling my running tights 

Then the injury 

Now the return to lankiness, stronger this time 


Whoa there, I got scared for a minute

Nowhere else to be but in the present moment 


A sudden craving for mango 

Seeing him that happy made me so happy

My heart swelled 

You're the only person on earth I want to do labor for 


No comments:

Post a Comment