Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Cold moon

 


Stop overriding me

Confident enough not to 

Stained old comforter 


Palm leaves green on one side of the pane

Foggy bare limbs on the other side of the glass 

Still haven't bought curtains 


You are not privy to a lot of my dating life 

Kissed dozens and dozens 

Danced so many strangers pressed to the wall

A lifetime ago 


I don't track my life by a child's aging, but by my own 

Something has changed inside of me 

No longer willing this exposure 

I love you and 


Even without the past 

I cannot be treated this way 


Long bangs obscure my brows 

Like two eyelids squeezed against a sandstorm, I close up 

Tonight = an occultation 


Have I ever given myself to feeling like this before? 


Nine days pass, a zombie 

Wake up to find myself carrying conversation 

Quiet stream in the darkened passenger seat


I have a congenital defect

I used to think she could change them 

I did. But at great cost 


Time to hydrate my eyelashes 

I bought three bottles of wine for 42 dollars 

The cashier did not wish to speak 


Because I am rebuilding my legs hurt every day 

Making space for myself 

Pink mountain rising from the mist 



For two hours I remembered what it felt like to be dazzling 

Just a glint of it 




No comments:

Post a Comment