Saturday, December 10, 2022

Love is behavior

 


It's a whole vibe 

Ten miles in the woods, boots in the dirt 

Memory: log-stone formation by a creek 

Bottom of the gulley 

Story-sharing 

Light filtered through deciduous leaves


Memory: skinny dipping below the blueberry farm 

Shy in creek-soaked underwear 

Exposure: women who comfortably inhabit their bodies 


Birch logs crackling 

The pumpkins have passed their prime 

The green shoulders may impart an off flavor 


That one's moldy; that one's weird 

I chopped quite a lot of vegetables 

Rock-hopping in the creek 

I've climbed for miles

Stripped off my clothes in mountain winds

Stepped white-naked and goose-bumped into alpine lakes 



It's funky, but I dig it

Tomorrow will we go antiquing? 

It's supposed to rain. We might not hang the roping. 

Drinking malbec from a gray coffee mug 

Broccoli and cauliflower dipped in hummus 

Chips and various dips  

In Greece I ate nothing but tzatziki and spinach pies 


In Guatemala I ate orange papaya and swapped regrets with friends

In Vienna I found a castle and palatial gardens behind a modest brick wall 

In Ireland I walked alone by the roadside and befriended two horses on the edge of a vast green pasture 

In Germany I went to the museum and I cried 


We met at the museum in Pittsburg and I listened to The Weepies the whole way home 

Last time I saw him was in a strappy blank tank top and black capri sweatpants 

We wore short shorts on the edge of the canyon 

Last time I saw her I gave her a gift that I thought she'd love and I told her I loved her 

Last time I saw her? When she invited him too 

The colorful balls rest contained and unattended on the coffee table 

I want to see you again 


Hanna's still doing it 

Soon it will be time to swab my eyelashes again

Next time I'll circumnavigate the lake 

Prescription: spend two and a half hours hiking beside a river 

Make it a wide, slow, shining one 



No comments:

Post a Comment