Monday, December 12, 2022

Type A Lamp

 


Pink and blue swirl into a Buddha on a black background

The elder teachers do not know how to speak to the trans child 

She, so young, is leading the way 


Good friend sleeping down the hall 

He tugged on my license 

Palm fronds peeking 

A small mustard lamp in the shape of a figure-eight 


Secondhand aspirations 

A tick has gorged itself on Hanna 

Too bloated to waddle across the rug 

I cradle it in toilet paper, drown it in a small jar of isopropyl alcohol 

A rare moment without mercy 


At the city green space they charged us $8 to park 

Still we walked the green paths, desperate for them 

Outsideness is relative 


Rattlesnake territory 

Tired and sad 

Sick of working 


I want my healing to matter too 

I am trying to hear myself instead of always telling me I'm wrong 



We are talking more and more often now, have you noticed? 

I miss so much 

I am tired of balls; I am tired of courts 


Nine more days til rest 

Come on June you can do it 

I'm sorry I didn't text you back 

So many cobwebs in need of dusting




No comments:

Post a Comment