Saturday, December 31, 2022

Giving, receiving

 


Sorry, I didn't see it there 

On a trail run exploring new paths 

Electrocuted 

On my knees by the roadside 

All seized up


Moaning in the Subaru's passenger seat in the city parking lot 

He fetches salad, plain yogurt, sauerkraut, sirloin steak 

A piece of turmeric-infused CBD chocolate 

Here, hold my ankles 

Swing my legs slowly onto the driveway 


A flash of my grandmother

I know we're supposed to say wheelchair user now, but she was wheelchair bound 

Wanting to speak so badly 

Cursing in her final days 

A fire in her 



Twenty-thousand in the stadium where I used to live 

Riding the subway home late-night, all high and twinkly lights 

Friends dropping acid while I threw up in the bedroom

Twice every twelve years or so 

Wow. There it goes



Waiting to eat the cauliflower salad 

Once again unable to dance 

I don't know if I have it in me to start over 

I got really frustrated and I gave up 



No comments:

Post a Comment