Sunday, December 11, 2022

Fairy tale

 

Do you think I didn't exist before you 

Think I was goody two-shoeing until you came along 

That's a story I told myself and other people 

In truth I was practically feral 


Loaded and climbing trees 

Sleeping it off in the grass during Trey's late-night set 

Giggling in a tent 

Basement sex followed by third-floor sex etc. 

All those dubstep parties 


I don't think partying makes you cool 

My point is I've done more than has been acknowledged 

My point is I knew what I was doing 

My point is I'm not a princess in a high stone tower 


Do you think you're as good as you've wanted people to think you to be? 

Kindness doesn't arise from fear 


I've pretended for a while now 

I'm still stitching the stories together 


Let go of my motherfucking hair 



No comments:

Post a Comment