Monday, December 5, 2022

Earworm

 

This was delightful 

Roasted yams and turnips and chickpeas, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, dark chocolate nonpareils, peppermint tea, a ball jar half filled with tap water 

Remnant of glial tissue 

I showed up as my thirty-five-year-old self and he liked me

The conversation we had is so different from the conversations I used to have

And also not

Perhaps the difference is not one of subject matter or tone but of groundedness and perspective 

And also I am reminded of talking to the beautiful Brazilian man on the streets of Cordoba, taking him into my mouth on the stairwell of a hostel in Madrid

Walking out of the water as he returned with the towels 

Sometimes I feel sad that I will never be able to go back, but I am also curious about where I am now and where I might be going, places I've never been 

I am so glad to have grown up in a time when smartphones and CCTV weren't ubiquitous 

The newspaper has a list of craft fairs online 




No comments:

Post a Comment