Sunday, November 5, 2023

green / night

 


The sun was there and then it wasn't 


The ride started cold 

Neighborhoods teeming with skeletons, Frankensteins, a small Hulk peering out from behind the bushes 


It takes me 15 miles to remember how to do this 


I am trying to metabolize grief 


The longer the ride, the better



Horizons orange and gold

Then darkness


Twenty-seven miles later 

I woke and read, listened to a Patti Smith album, took the puppy for a walk past so many guttered leaf piles 

Met with a friend, rode for two hours. Spooned yam and apple soup from a speckled ceramic bowl 


Yesterday: an intervention 

Today: everyone but me cosigns it didn't happen 

Me, a crazy person 



I feel it out and then scuttle back to my chosen one in gratitude 

I am finding the value of saying less 



Soon we will pull the teabags from their paper boxes and drop them into boiling water 





No comments:

Post a Comment