Monday, November 6, 2023

white towels

 

Flapping from clotheslines 

I'm learning to corner tighter and faster 

My Dad and I operate somewhere different together 

He reaches for me there and I hold his hand 


A rare pleasant hangout 

Puppies have a way of relieving tension 

Suzie runs from room to room, yanks a hunk from the monstera leaf

Remember when I traveled to and around Central Europe 

The statues in Austria were so big and so heavy 

I remember eating strawberries in Prague 



Monday at 2:45pm: the perfect time to duck onto the rail trail 

I shout hello to my old friend's dad as I blast past him downtown 

Surrender in my ears 

Tires crunching fallen leaves 

A respite from wind and figurative weather 


I am easing back into poetry 

He is home and I am grateful 

The shoes are still sitting in the driveway 

Even though it's been so hard, I think I'm where I'm supposed to be 

Then I worry that's the masochism coming back (so contagious here)

But I think



No comments:

Post a Comment