Sunday, November 12, 2023

The fiddle leaf fig in the yellow pot is dead

 

 

I've gone so far backwards 

Re-seeing everything 

Rewriting everything

The gift, the suffering, the tedium of this moment 

 

All I want to do is ride my bike and garden and sit in the woods and read and write 

 

 

Hiding away again 

Not pulling

A younger perspective would be that my body has forsaken me 

 

She's taking care of me 

In the language she knows  

I am so overwhelmed

Years of grief compressed into eleven months 

 

 

So my eye is swollen, there's a rash on my hand, my pelvis aches 

My vitality

My seeing

Feeling

 

 

Struggling to edit

Inner critic on the loose

It's not him any more

 

 

The problem is me 

the things I've been through 

And what they've done to me

And whether I am now the person I want and choose to be

 

Yesterday: 

a Great Blue Heron in the creek 



Resist summation 

You're getting more and more put together and I am devolving 


I can barely manage to put on real pants 



Of course. Before you never had the option



Pour the cranberry juice into the water 

Stretch your hamstrings

Take it

 

 





 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment