Thursday, November 30, 2023

There will be no more November in 2023

 

I have honored the spirit of the challenge if not all of its letters

What I like about the Little Women is that they take each other's feelings seriously

She thinks I am here to serve her 


This angers me

I am frequently angry 

At any given moment I am most likely brimming with rage 


Sometimes it gets the better of me 

What might my life be like if they had taught me to harness it 

Perhaps I might have felt capable instead of ashamed 

Perhaps my back wouldn't hurt so much 

Perhaps I'd never have starved 




Don't bother me with what ifs 

I am trying to engage with reality 

In reality I am both far more and far less remarkable than I'd once thought 

I take my inspiration from the people who have lost and yet still love so much 



Let me stay tender-hearted*... 

Maybe some people find it embarrassing: feeling this much 

No matter. My heart is with the poets 





*Chen Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment